Friday, 30 December 2011
Friday, 16 December 2011
I joined her with my space, one that is on my mind a lot at the moment - the space between me as a mother of semi-dependent children (teens) and the space that will gape as I transition to an empty nester, whenever that ends up being. I wrote this with a gentle sense of melancholy...
Have a look at the post here.
Monday, 12 December 2011
Friday, 9 December 2011
|washing day for the monks|
|me looking calmer than I felt - check out the mahout texting as we ride!|
Another highlight of the stay was the morning procession of monks accepting alms. A very peaceful, gentle morning ritual. As I write this and look through my photos, yet again, I yearn to return.
|The morning procession of monks|
|Ricketty bridge - did I really walk over this?|
|Utopia - an aptly named cafe/bar/restaurant on bamboo platforms up above the river|
Monday, 5 December 2011
Tuesday, 29 November 2011
Link here for this week's WoW Notre Dame de Paris
I don't know why such a grim story came to mind...
Sunday, 27 November 2011
What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week’s inspiration word is: SACRIFICE
Thursday, 17 November 2011
Sunday, 13 November 2011
As a cat-lover, this one came to mind this week - light and fluffy !!
Monday, 7 November 2011
Thursday, 3 November 2011
Five Sentence Fiction - Bewitched
punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then
anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on
the inspiration word. The word does not have to appear in your five
sentences, just take your inspiration from that word.
This week’s inspiration word is: BEWITCHED
Tuesday, 1 November 2011
Whoa, 4 minutes isn't very long! I love pretty well everything Radiohead, but this one is just beautiful.
PS Friday - I posted on Wednesday, but felt the piece incomplete, so have added to it today!
High and Dry
Saturday, 29 October 2011
So here are the rules (see links below)
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
So I've already thanked Lillie and here's her link here
15 blogs - Hooley dooley, now that's a hard one because I don't spend that much time reading, more writing! OK, I'm going to break the rules and plead other priorities, I'll never publish if I try to get to 15!
1) Sarah @ thatspaceinbetween - you tweaked a sleeping interest in writing and I love your blog, a mix of humour and tender seriousness
2) Gill @ Inkpaperpen - you give me the scaffold to hang my words
3) Versatile blogger - I looked you up to work this thing out
4) Sarah Mac @ peopledonteatenoughfudge for your incisive and witty posts (I'm still giggling over Bingo boobs) and your conscientious feedback.
5) Jayne @ Writing without pay your comments and posts are always considered, meaningful and well written
7 things about me
1) I once ate a whole tin of anchovies (only once...)
2) I have 3 cats and aspirations to decline gracefully (or otherwise) as a mad cat-lady
3) my favourite season is spring
4) my favourite colour is purple
5) I wish I had the courage to stop dyeing my hair
6) I long to go back to Laos
7) I'm miserable without sleep
Friday, 28 October 2011
Don't forget to go to Lillie's blog for FSF! http://lilliemcferrin.blogspot.com/
Thursday, 27 October 2011
I tried this twice - strictly timed to the 5 mins, with limited editing - I might play around with this as a rewrite sometime. Sort of inspired by the dreamy feel in The Slap last night - Connie's story...
Saturday, 22 October 2011
Five Sentence Fiction
Sunday, 16 October 2011
This is the first time I've really tried to stick to the time, to let the thoughts flow rather than concentrate on structure and grammar.
Thursday, 13 October 2011
Thankyou for commenting!
Monday, 3 October 2011
5 minutes inspired by a picture.
I can't work out how to copy it, but you can see it here. http://inkpaperpen.blogspot.com/2011/07/sit-under-tree-and-writeits-write-on.html
Saturday, 1 October 2011
Thursday, 29 September 2011
Nick Cave is an Australian musical legend and I adore his musical poetry. My piece is not his meaning of the song, but it is the interpretation I have taken from it. This song has special meaning for me so I've written a (true) fairytale with an unhappy ending.
Listen here whilst you read......
Into my arms
Sunday, 25 September 2011
I write for myself, for a sense of achievement, and to share (perhaps!).
Why do you write?
Wednesday, 21 September 2011
Let's aim for around 200 words, keeping with the theme of the last few weeks (to make each word count).
Sunday, 18 September 2011
Saturday, 17 September 2011
Tuesday, 13 September 2011
But over the years, I've been able to consider the incomprehensible, think of the losses of those involved and yesterday, finally watch the outpouring of grief with compassion.
Sunday, 11 September 2011
But lately, with my babies nearly grown, I feel a pull to create. And what better time than Spring, to explore new growth!